Thursday, July 12, 2007

Big Nasty Dude

This is a weird fashion statement that I have not gotten used to in the 20 or so years that it has become popular. It's sort of like taking the Charlie Chaplin baggy trousers and oversized shirt, and trying to look cool wearing it.

Believe it or not, this little gangsta was a full grown man (early 20s) -- but at a distance he had the proportions of a ten year old boy in his big brother's hand-me-downs. In the end, with his hat cocked to the side, his fashion statement made him look like Spanky, from the Little Rascals.

6 comments:

Marcos Mateu said...

Man! I'm still laughing my b*t off from reading your comments!!!
Yo, what can I add to this!
Well, great drawing Mo! it was all worth the session!

chris chua said...

haha...this is sooo awesome! Great attitude and pose.

Unknown said...

Great attitude!! AWESOME character!

Shuku said...

...Marcelo, were you looking in on my choir rehearsal earlier? Our lead solo on 'Light at the End of the Tunnel' from Starlight Express looks JUST. LIKE. THAT.

Except scruffier.

It's a wonderful drawing! Though why my immediate reaction on seeing it was, 'Yo DUDE, yo' bes' not mess wit' me, yo' hear? Ah's wantin' mah BRUSSEL SPROUTS an' ah's goin' t'get 'em now!'

--Shuku
Probably high on too much caffeine - or not enough of it.

Marcelo Vignali said...

Thanks everyone, he definitely was a fun one.

Nathan Lindsay said...

He's hilarious. I love his strut.